Monday, May 10, 2010

Yoghurt and strawberry

I hope someone in your household took Mothers Day seriously.

Mothers Day never quite lives up to my fantasies, i.e. a day when no-one lets me lift a finger and instead someone gives me a massage -- or maybe even leaves me alone for a few hours.

It doesn't help when junior footy starts at 9am. (And every Sunday at 9am for the rest of your life...)

The kids did wake me at 6.30 very excitedly with a lovely breakfast in bed -- a bowl of yoghurt and honey, sitting inside a baking dish full of lollies. Obviously their idea of the best breakfast you could ever hope for!

My yoghurt was topped with a single strawberry. I later found the rest of the punnet’s worth of strawberry leaves dumped in the sink... All pretty cute, really.

3 comments:

Rachael @Mogantosh said...

That baking dish of lollies is pretty damn cute. It's like the Holy Grail of childhood dream-breakfast....you know you are really, really beloved. Happy Mothers Day!

Anonymous said...

See, you know you're a great mother, your kids eat fruit unprompted!

Happy Mothers Day to you. May you have a real sleep in and some time sitting in a cafe alone with a good book.

Kate Moore said...

It does sound rather sweet.