Monday, December 28, 2009

Where's Santa when you need him?!


Phew! I barely survived that Christmas period--I don't know about you. The Santa fantasy must have been invented by desperate parents who never want to enter another shopping mall again as long as they live. Imagine how much more relaxing (and affordable) Christmas would be if Mr Santa Clause could only keep up his end of the bargain...

All that fluoro lighting seems to have killed off my brain. So luckily for me (and you), rather than write a lengthy post here, I can refer you to this piece philosopher Damon Young invited me to write for his fabulous blog series in which authors and artists talk about their favourite tools...

3 comments:

D said...

HI Rachel,
I read your guest post ... and liked it. Particularly I appreciated how you referred to your inner-editor and how her influence influences you, in turn, to write in pen and ink (amongst other reasons). I remember writing in pen and ink ... it's been so long. Thanks for the reminder. It's important to keep the inner editorial-police squad off-of the turf of the imagination; vital perhaps.

D

Anonymous said...

Nice piece. Maybe if I wrote more on paper I'd get more done. i facilitate back and forth. Used to write a lot of first drafts on paper, but now mostly hate the feeling that I am going to have to type it all out - so I write a lot of notes on paper, but mostly write the actual drafts on computer. Except that I mostly don't write at all lately... Could be a sign.

Anonymous said...

I always forget about the random 'name' blogger allocates for typepad open id users!
~Kirsten